Bulk Waste Pickup
INSTRUCTIONS: Change the folder ID below to match the sub-folder you wish to use as sub-pages/sub-navigation. DO NOT USE THIS WITH THE "Generic Single-Column" TEMPLATE.
APRIL 4, 2022 – SEPTEMBER 22, 2022
(BY APPOINTMENT ONLY)
BULK WASTE PICK UP GUIDELINES
- Residents MUST MAKE AN APPOINTMENT to have their bulk items picked up prior to placing those items curbside.
- Appointments can be made starting March 21st by calling Stratford Department of Public Works at 203-385-4080 from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm Monday through Friday.
- Each household is allowed one appointment per year for the collection period of April 4th, 2022 to September 22, 2022.
- If all appointment slots have been filled prior to the last date of pick up we will no longer accept appointments.
- Residents must place all bulk items curbside in an organized fashion by 7:00 am on the scheduled date of appointment. No items are to be placed curbside prior to 3 days before scheduled pick up date.
- Acceptable bulk collection items include:
- Furniture, Mattresses/Box springs, Carpeting, Fencing/Decking (4 ft. max length)
- Appliances – (Remove doors from refrigerators and freezers)
- Large Metal Items (4’ Max) all metal items must be separate from everything else.
- Unacceptable bulk collection items include:
- Household garbage/trash (Items that would fit in your weekly trash collection) Cardboard, Brush, Leaves or Branches
- Hazardous materials or Paint, Recyclable materials, Tires, Stumps, Vehicles, Oil Tanks
- Demolition Materials (Asphalt shingles, Sheetrock, Concrete, Tile, Brick or any other masonry materials.
- Nothing in a Bag, Barrel or Box will be picked up.
The above items will NOT be collected. Residents will be responsible for removing any unacceptable items from curbside and may be subject to fines imposed by the Health Department for failure to comply.
As an alternative to Bulk Waste Pick Up Town residents may bring items to the Town Transfer Station on Watson Boulevard from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm Monday thru Friday and from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm on Saturdays.
INSTRUCTIONS: Change the content ID below to match the "Contact Us" page you wish to reference in the "sidebar". If you do not want a contact sidebar, choose the "Single Column" template instead of this one.
550 Patterson Avenue
Stratford, CT 06614
Stratford, CT 06615
Hours: M- F: 7:00AM - 3:00PM
Phone: (203) 385-4080
Parks Division: (203) 385-4085
Fax: (203) 385-4082
Fax: (203) 385-4082
Email: Public Works
Email: Building Maintenance
Director of Public Works