Water Pollution Control
INSTRUCTIONS: Change the folder ID below to match the sub-folder you wish to use as sub-pages/sub-navigation. DO NOT USE THIS WITH THE "Generic Single-Column" TEMPLATE.
The Town's Water Pollution Control Facility is located at the east end of Birdseye Street, adjacent to the Town's Boat Launching Ramp. The facility is manned and operated 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Presently the facility is designed to process 11.5 million gallons of sewage per day to parameters established by the EPA. In 1996 the Facility was given an award for "Best Operation and Maintenance Excellence in Region I". The original Facility dates back to 1919. Since 1919 the Facility has received several upgrades and has just completed a major upgrade.
W.P.C. responds to or is responsible for the following:
- Monitoring all sewage discharged into the sewers for illegal or excessive discharges.
- Billing of Commercial and Industrial sewer users.
- Operation and maintenance of the 13 Sanitary and 3 Storm Water Pumping Stations located off the site.
Maintaining of approximately 400 miles of Sanitary and Storm Sewers, including clearing of all blockages.
- Subsurface cleaning of approximately 5000 storm water catch basins.
- Replacement of missing manhole and catch basin covers
- It is requested that the residents clean the surface of catch basins due to the shear number of basins involved.
- Septic waste is accepted from Stratford residents Monday thru Saturday 8:00AM to 4:00PM, this includes waste from recreational vehicles.
- For fiscal year 2023, the residential sewer user charge is $484.00 per year per unit. Questions on Residential billing are handled by the Town's Tax Collector at 203-385-4030. Questions on Commercial or Industrial billing are handled by the WPC at 203-385-4065.
How and where should I report a sewer backup?
If a Town resident or building owner has a sewer backup problem, he/she should call the Water Pollution Control Division at 203-385-4065 at any time, 24 hours a day including weekends and holidays. Should the operator on duty not pickup; your call will be forwarded to an answering service. It is the responsibility of the answering service to notify an employee of the Water Pollution Control Division with your message. Someone will return your call. Residents should state that they are reporting a sewer emergency. Backed up sewer lines, and overflowing manholes are considered an emergency.
INSTRUCTIONS: Change the content ID below to match the "Contact Us" page you wish to reference in the "sidebar". If you do not want a contact sidebar, choose the "Single Column" template instead of this one.
550 Patterson Avenue
Stratford, CT 06614
Stratford, CT 06615
Hours: M- F: 7:00AM - 3:00PM
Phone: (203) 385-4080
Parks Division: (203) 385-4085
Fax: (203) 385-4082
Fax: (203) 385-4082
Email: Public Works
Email: Building Maintenance
Director of Public Works