Tax Collector's Office
The Tax Collector's Office provides billing and collection of real estate, personal property, and motor vehicle taxes; sewer use charges and special assessment billings. The Tax Office is also responsible for processing all town revenue. Taxes are collected semi-annually on real estate, motor vehicles, personal property and residential and commercial sewer use.
** ADVISORY UPDATE **
TAX OFFICES OPEN
FOR EXTENDED WEEKEND HOURS
Convenient payment methods announced
Taxpayers are reminded that there are several options for paying taxes which do not require a visit to Town Hall. You may view and pay your tax bill on the Town’s website: stratfordct.gov. Click the “Pay Taxes Online” link on the homepage.
- Electronic Check / EFT: Using the electronic check option, taxpayers can pay their bill with an additional $0.95 fee for the full transaction.
- Credit Card / Debit Card: Taxpayers can pay with a credit card or debit card, incurring a fee of 2.95% of the transaction amount.
- PayPal: fee is 2.95% of transaction amount.
- Google Pay: fee is 2.95% of transaction amount.
- Apple Pay: fee is 2.95% of transaction amount.
You can also go directly to https://www.mytaxbill.org/inet/bill/home.do?town=stratford to pay.
Payments can also be made in person at the Tax Collector’s Office in Town Hall between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, or deposited in the Drop Box located at the Tax Collector’s Office, or mailed to: Office of the Tax Collector, PO Box 9722, Stratford, CT 06615
Additionally, payments can be made at any People’s United Bank location in the State of Connecticut, provided you are current on your taxes and have your original tax bill with you. Residents should check directly with branches of People’s United Bank for hours and schedules which could change as a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic
Listing files in 'Tax Collector's Office'